Careers at AAOMS
Our philosophy is that each employee is an individual who deserves to be treated with respect and dignity. From the very beginning, we at AAOMS have worked on the premise that we provide the opportunity and vehicles to assist our members to reach their professional goals through the quality and level of our services. Our services are developed through teamwork, and together we are part of a daily on-going learning experience.
We use our knowledge and experience to help our members attain their goals. We share ideas, offering solutions, alternatives and innovation.
The future success of both the AAOMS organization and the AAOMS employee is dependent on each employee becoming a dedicated, conscientious and productive employee. By working together, we can achieve our goals.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Manager, Publications & Communications
The Marketing and Public Relations Associate reports to the Project Manager, Publications & Communications, and is responsible for developing and executing marketing and public relations plans with the goal of promoting the association’s brand, image, products and position to members and identified public, professional and legislative audiences.
- 2-4 years marketing or public relations experience, preferably in a health care association environment.
- College degree in marketing, communications or equivalent.
- Strong media communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Develop multi-level, measurable marketing campaigns unique to the goals of the particular project that are within budget and consistent with the AAOMS strategic plan and brand policies.
- With the Associate Executive Director, Communication and Publications, serve as a primary AAOMS public relations staff liaison to the media and other interested groups.
- Develop relationships with key media representatives and communication staff at allied dental and medical associations, at state and regional OMS societies, government and legislative offices, and other organizations as appropriate.
- Develop a schedule for news releases utilizing the PR Newswire service.
Detailed Description of Key Accountabilities
Develop multi-level, measurable marketing campaigns unique to the goals of the particular project that are within budget and consistent with the AAOMS strategic plan and brand policies.
- Work with appropriate staff to develop campaigns that are achievable, measurable and commensurate with the budget and goals of the AAOMS Strategic Plan.
- Work with appropriate staff to develop, implement, monitor and evaluate marketing plans for annual events, including Day on the Hill, and April is National Facial Protection Month, Cancer Awareness Month, as well as the AAOMS Annual Meeting; Dental Implant Conference; coding, billing and professional allied staff programs; and other educational programs as required.
- Coordinate and staff press booth at AAOMS Annual Meeting.
- Review company publications, including the association’s Websites, to assure consistent adherence to the brand standards, marketing plans, and public image.
- Create and disseminate association news and information through appropriate news releases, media and newsletter content, Website postings and social media as appropriate.
- Manage clipping files.
With the Associate Executive Director, Communication and Publications, serve as a primary AAOMS public relations staff liaison to the media and other interested groups.
- Contact media representatives when there is an AAOMS message to disseminate.
- Interact with the media to ensure AAOMS receives fair yet consistent coverage so that the association’s message is clearly communicated and widely disseminated.
- Stay current on media coverage and industry trends
Other Administrative Responsibilities
- Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by the Project Manager or the Associate Executive Director, Publications & Communications.
Administrative Assistant, Division of Administration
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Manager, Administration and is responsible for administrative support to the Division of Administration, Division of Legal Affairs, and Human Resources. Other duties include distribution of information from the Division of Administration to the Board of Trustees and staff and compiling mailings for transmittal to various entities, registration/check in of delegates at the Annual meeting, maintenance of the committee module in the AAOMS database; preparation for the Confidential Directory, upkeep of the AAOMS library, and special projects as needed. This position also is responsible for switchboard relief whenever needed.
This position also supports the Division of Legal Affairs by providing staff support to the General Counsel and Staff Attorney.
Finally, this position helps support the Human Resources area by reviewing staff timesheets and tracking staff time off using Softtime time off tracking system and assisting with planning all-staff events such as the annual holiday party and summer outing, wellness events, and potlucks, and supporting the Director, Human Resources as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Computer proficiency particularly with Windows/Word/Excel/Outlook; experience with mail merges required
- Proficiency with mobile electronic devices, especially iPhone and iPad
- Able to handle confidential documentation or issues
- General knowledge of office equipment and services
- Prior experience in administration of Boards or governing bodies (i.e. agenda creation) a plus
- Professional telephone habits and voice skills, Previous switchboard knowledge a plus
- Able to work professionally with various organizational levels from Board officers and members to staff
- Able and willing to travel to the Annual Meeting and other meetings as may be required
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous association and/or HR experience preferred
- Assists with creation and distribution of documentation required for annual House of Delegates meeting
- On-site registration and check-in of delegates at the Annual Meeting. Works with Credentials Committee to determine final delegate attendance. Assists in headquarters office.
- Creates mailing lists and labels for the Administration as necessary
- Preparation of all required information, assembly for publication, and electronic distribution of the Confidential Directory
- Compiling mailings for transmittal to various entities, such as the House of Delegates, Caucuses, Committees, regional and component societies of OMS
- Preparation of Regional and State information for the membership directory
- Continuous upkeep, filing and maintenance of the AAOMS library, including filing of textbooks, journals, periodicals and newsletters and compiling a log of library information/materials
- Manages Conflict of Interest process by annually distributing and collecting the conflict of interest statements from committee members, staff, the board and other individuals in leadership positions, reviewing them with the legal division for conflicts and scanning them for archival purposes
- Assists Manager in support to the House of Delegates
- Continuous updating and maintenance of the committee module in the AAOMS database
- Provide technological support for Administration and Legal divisions, the House of Delegates, and the Board of Trustees. Conduct tutorials on new technologies as necessary
- Distribution of information from the Administration to the Board of Trustees and Staff
- Filing for the Division of Administration
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed by the Executive Director and/or the Manager, Administration
- Preparation of staff travel schedule to major meetings (i.e., annual meetings, off-site board meetings)
- Telephone backup to receptionist whenever required
- Preparation and monitoring of budget
- Process reimbursement expense reports and check requests for General Counsel and Commission on Professional Conduct
- Prepare exhibits for Board of Trustees Meetings
- Conduct research as requested by General Counsel
- Provide Support to OMS Members on State Dental Boards meeting
- Preparation of Agenda by working with General Counsel and SMT
- Taking notes and preparation of meeting minutes
- Oversee meeting logistics and preparation
- Process reimbursement expense reports
- Maintain various mailing and contact lists for Legal division
- Maintains confidentiality on legal issues
- Assist with planning (i.e. food, logistics, attendance) all-staff events such as the annual holiday party and summer outing, wellness events, and potlucks; track attendance responses for events
- Collects, organizes and reviews timesheets for accuracy then records time off information into time tracking system
- Maintains confidentiality on human resource issues
Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by the Manager of Administration, General Counsel, Director of Human Resources or Executive Director.
AAOMS offers a comprehensive benefit package, including:
- Life Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan (Sect. 125)
- Medical/Dental Reimbursement Plan
- 401(K) Plan
- Pension Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Compensatory Time
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Casual Work Environment
- Professional Development
- And More!