- Grassroots Toolkit Includes information about how to get involved in AAOMS’s advocacy efforts as well as additional information on how to schedule and conduct legislative visits
- Government 101
- Talking Points
- Tips for Conducting Effective Congressional Meetings
- How to schedule a congressional meeting
- Who We Are and What We Do
- Sample Congressional Meeting Request Form
- Sample Congressional Meeting Thank You Letter
- Congressional Meeting Feedback Form
- Virtual Day on the Hill
Ways to GET INVOLVED
Grassroots advocacy is the practice of educating and influencing public officials in order to promote and achieve legislative priorities that support the specialty. Grassroots efforts are not the work of professional lobbyists or staff, but by AAOMS members.
The OMS Action Network provides AAOMS members with a central hub from which to participate in all AAOMS grassroots initiatives.
For more details on the activities listed in the graph to the right, please review the OMS Action Network Grassroots Toolkit.
Also, please sign up to be a part of the network so that staff can directly assist you in your participation.
Finally, fill out the Key Legislative Contact form if you have a key relationship with a particular legislator, or would like to develop one. Doing so will make you a valuable "go-to" advocacy contact.
For questions about grassroots advocacy or anything mentioned on this page, please contact the AAOMS Governmental Affairs Department at 800-822-6637.