Enhance your Orlando experience with the AAOMS 2013 app for your smartphone or tablet!
Users of iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Android devices may visit the App Store or Google Play from the device and search for AAOMS 2013.
From a BlackBerry or other web browser-enabled phone or device, point your mobile browser to http://m.core-apps.com/aaoms2013am and bookmark the page for future reference.
OR SIMPLY SCAN THIS CODE. Using a QR reader app from your mobile device, scan this code. From there you will be directed to download the specific version of the app for your particular device, or on some phones, bookmark the page for future reference.
- The gear icon in the upper left corner takes you to settings where you can complete your profile, invite friends to use the app, and email your notes. From this feature, you can also sync your online schedule. To sync your schedule, enter your email address and your PIN found in the My Schedule or Bookmarks page page of the online program.
- The refresh button (circular arrows) in the upper right corner downloads the latest data updates from the server.
- My Schedule: Create a personal itinerary of the sessions and events you plan to attend. Press the star icon on any event and it will be added to your schedule. Press it again to remove it from your schedule. To add your own personal event, press the plus-sign in the upper right to enter the information, and then “Done” to save it to your calendar. Your online schedule can be synced and displayed within this area. Note: The schedule will be synced from the online schedule to the app. It will NOT be synced from the app back to the online schedule.
- Events: From here you can view a complete and up-to-date agenda of all sessions and events, organized by track. Select any event listing to view full details, including synopsis, learning objectives, speakers, location, date and time. Press the star icon on an event to add it to your schedule.
Downloading handouts within the app: Select an event, and in some cases select a sub-session under Topics. If a handout is available for that session, a Resources tab will appear next to the About tab. In Resources, select Handouts and press the PDFs you wish to download to your device.
- Downloads: Any session presentation materials that you download through the app will be conveniently stored in this folder.
- Speakers: View an alphabetical listing of all session presenters, including the dates and times of their events.
- Maps: Browse an interactive floor plan of the 2013 AAOMS Exhibit Hall, labeled with exhibitor names and booth numbers. You can navigate your route from one end of the exhibit hall to another by pressing any booth icon (hold for several seconds) and setting it as your starting point. Then press and hold another booth icon to plot your route to it. Overview maps of the convention center and headquarters hotel, as well as a running/walking map of the area, are also available for reference.
- Exhibitors: Browse an alphabetical list of all 2013 exhibitors, and view their detailed information. Press the star icon to highlight them on the map. From the "Actions" tab, you can locate their booths on the exhibit hall floor plan, add them to your schedule, and more.
- MyCME: This links you to aaoms.org/MyCME to complete your session evaluations and claim CE credit.
- Attendees: This feature allows you to share your contact information with all app users. By default, your information will not be displayed. You may turn this feature on by selecting "Publish my Profile" in the profile settings of the app.
- Friends: Send messages and set up meetings by connecting with colleagues through this feature. Select the plus-symbol to exchange your schedule and/or contact information privately with friends.
- Local Places: Browse a categorized listing of area attractions. Select a name in the list to locate it on an interactive map of Orlando.
- News: Read recent news and announcements from AAOMS.org.
- Facebook: Your direct link to the AAOMS Facebook page.
- Twitter: Keep up with all tweets containing the tag #AAOMS2013 – see what others are saying, and join in the discussion yourself.
- Alerts: Receive immediate notifications and communications from the AAOMS. Alerts will be pushed right to your device so you won’t miss a thing.
- AAOMS.org/Orlando: Visit the annual meeting homepage for information on registration, hotel reservations, transportation and other general meeting details.
The AAOMS 2013 app is supported by Zimmer Dental Inc..