To apply for Resident Membership, complete and return the Resident Member Application Form.
Allied Staff Membership
To apply for Allied Staff Membership, complete and return the Allied Staff Application Form.
To begin the active membership application process following completion of your OMS residency training program, apply online or complete the following forms and return to AAOMS:
- Application for Fellowship or Membership (U.S. applicants)
- Application for Affiliate Membership (non-U.S. applicants)
- Authorization for Release of Information and Waiver of Liability
Once these forms are received and processed by the AAOMS Membership Department, the applicant will be categorized as a Candidate for Membership. To complete the application process, applicants must also submit:
- Certification of Completion of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Training — to be completed by your Chief of Training Program. Residents who file a completed Certification of Completion of OMS Training Program form along with an application for membership by December 31 of the calendar year they complete their OMS training are eligible for provisional status at the following annual meeting.
- Three (3) confidential Evaluation Form of Candidate for Membership — these forms must be completed by current AAOMS Fellows or Members. This requirement is only applicable for residents who do not apply for active membership within the final year of their OMS training program. It is also required for lapsed candidates and applicants who completed OMS training more than six months ago.
- Verification of Membership in Component State OMS Society or Component Country OMS Society— this form should be forwarded to the OMS State (US OMSs) or Country (Non-US OMSs) Society where your primary practice is located along with your request for a Society membership application.
- U.S. OMS — If you are an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who resides and practices in the United States, you must hold and maintain membership in your Component State OMS Society in the state in which your primary practice is located.
- NON-U.S. OMS — If you are an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who resides and practices outside of the United States, you must hold and maintain membership in your country's oral and maxillofacial organization. Canadian Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons are required to hold and maintain membership within the Canadian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (CAOMS) to fulfill this requirement.
Federal Service OMS
If you are an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who is on full-time active duty in the federal dental services (Army, Navy, Air Force, Veterans administration, Federal Public Health Service), you must furnish a letter from the Commanding Officer or Human Resources Department certifying the occupational specialty of oral and maxillofacial surgery and limitation of practice to that specialty or to administration. Full-timeFederal Service OMS are not required to hold and maintain membership in their OMS State Society.
If you are an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who serves full-time in a faculty position (defined as the primary occupation or primary salary source) at an OMS training program, you must furnish an affidavit certifying the occupation specialty of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and limitation of practice to OMS in an administrative or research position. Faculty members are required to obtain membership in their OMS State Society.
The annual deadline for submitting the items outlined above is July 1, for election to membership at the upcoming year's annual meeting. Applicants submitting late or incomplete forms will maintain Candidate status until the following year's annual meeting. All of the aforementioned forms must be forwarded directly to AAOMS Headquarters/Membership Services Department via e-mail, fax or mail by the parties completing the forms. AAOMS Headquarters mailing address information is noted on all forms. Applications are accepted and processed throughout the year. For further information, please contact us.
Applications are accepted and processed throughout the year. For further information, please contact us.