Practice Management Workshops & Webinars
Practice Management Stand-Alone Meeting
A one-day continuing education course held once a year independent of the AAOMS Annual Meeting and held in conjunction with the Beyond the Basics coding workshop and Advanced Protocols for Medical Emergencies Course for Assistants. The Practice Management Workshop focuses on a different topic every year to ensure that members and their staff receive an additional opportunity to explore practice management issues that may greatly impact their practice.
Join AAOMS for "Make Progress on Purpose," a workshop focused on improving relationships and communication to enhance the most valuable resources in your OMS practice – the people!
Studies have shown that relationships are crucial to achievement. It’s difficult to build an effective team in an environment where words can unknowingly prevent or sabotage strong work relationships. Speaker Dave Weber will show you how positive communication can improve the culture and climate of your practice.
When relationships and communication in the workplace are strong:
• Employees feel empowered and are inclined to work as a team, resulting in reduced absenteeism and staff turnover.
• Dentists feel confident referring patients to an OMS practice known for its supportive and effective team, solidifying a predictable referral base.
• Patients are more at ease and better able to trust in the patient-doctor relationship.
You will gain a fresh understanding of how to evaluate situations, choose positive words, and build solid relationships to increase productivity in the workplace. Make progress on purpose – the result is a better and more profitible practice.
Annual Meeting Practice Management Courses
AAOMS Practice Management and Professional Allied Staff courses offer the oral and maxillofacial surgeon and his/her staff the opportunity to earn continuing education credits as well as the opportunity to improve their practice management knowledge and skills. The Practice Clinics are offered in conjunction with the AAOMS Annual Meeting and cover all areas of practice management, including, coding and reimbursement, computers and technology, financial management, legal, marketing and practice-building, office and personnel administration, practice organization.
Webinars are audio-interactive web conferences much like a conference call, but in a more controlled environment. Through Internet access you can follow along visually with the speakers as they go through their presentation and by turning on your speakerphone, you are able to listen to the presentation as well. Participants are able to ask questions throughout the seminar via the telephone or the computer. Listeners can be anywhere and still call in to participate without travel expenses and limited time off from the job. Various Practice Management topics are offered throughout the year for oral and maxillofacial surgeons and their staff.
- CE onDemand
- Chasing Your Hard Earned Dollar: Learn how best to use your practice management software to decrease your accounts receivable
- Unlocking Claim Confusion: The Key is Proper Documentation to get that Claim Processed- What Works and What Doesn’t
- Quality Performance Measures and Incentives in the OMS Practice: Improve patient care and avoid payment reductions