Committee on Residency, Education and Training (CRET)
CRET reviews and submits recommendations on the quality, criteria, and minimum standards for education and training in the following areas:
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery residency programs accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Training in oral and maxillofacial surgery for pre-doctoral students in accredited schools of dentistry
- Post-residency fellowships in oral and maxillofacial surgery
View the 2015-2016 CRET Members
OMS Faculty Section Executive Committee (FSEC)
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Faculty Section Executive Committee obtains input from OMS faculty on education and training issues and advises the Committee on Residency Education and Training. The committee's main activities include:
- Presenting an annual forum on faculty, education and training issues
- Convening an annual meeting of section members to seek their comments on issues to be presented to or addressed by the CRET
Faculty Educator Development Award (FEDA) Committee
The purpose of the award is to encourage promising young oral and maxillofacial surgeons to choose a long term faculty career in the specialty; to encourage promising young oral and maxillofacial surgery faculty members who have been on faculty for up to 5 years to continue a faculty career in the specialty; to provide a financial incentive to Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredited residency training programs to retain current faculty and to recruit new faculty. The award was established to support an individual faculty.
The FEDA Review Committee reviews applications and presents recommended recipients to the AAOMS Board of Trustees for funding. In addition, the award guidelines are continually reviewed, evaluated and updated in accordance with policy.