Staff Associate, Webmaster
Director, Communications and Publications
Reporting to the Director, Communications and Publications, the Webmaster oversees the development, design and maintenance of AAOMS websites; keeps the sites current by monitoring Association activities and working with designated staff to develop pages and auxiliary sites, add new content, update existing content and remove obsolete material. Serves as liaison with graphic web designers, provides first-level user support, optimizes the web architecture for navigability, recommends tools to create web content and assure consistency, assures key placement on search engines and gathers and researches information relating to the web presence of the Association and the specialty. Serves as liaison with vendors for the development and maintenance of AAOMS event mobile apps. Also builds, manages lists and sends outgoing Association email blasts.
- College degree or comparable experience
- Certificate in Web Design desirable
- Familiarity with Internet technical and security standards
- Familiarity with HTML text editors
- Experience with programming languages
- General IT literacy
- Familiarity with email marketing programs, such as Higher Logic (preferred) and Mail Chimp
- Experience developing for mobile environments
- Experience with ecommerce a plus
- Knowledge of content management systems, Expression Engine preferred.
- Flexible, self-motivated, highly organized and able to meet deadlines and perform consistently under pressure
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and make recommendations for improvement
- Experience working with the Personify association management system a plus
- Design, develop and maintain AAOMS.org, MyOMS.org, OMSPAC.org, AAOMSservices.org, AAOMSstore.com and other sites that may be required for the use of AAOMS fellows and members as well as the public.
- Schedule, gather and execute the content upload of articles, information and related documents to the content management system and according to the AAOMS web strategy.
- Update content as requested by internal customers accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Work with designated staff in the various departments to ensure timely and accurate availability of information on the website.
- Serve as web expert to the AAOMS Committee on Public and Professional Communication and other Association committees and task forces as requested.
- Integrate activities to ensure consistent flow of information and design, and adherence to AAOMS policy and web strategy.
- Translate marketing objectives into high-impact communication through design elements, including web banners and other strategic components.
- Maintain site maps, mirror sites, search engine index and monitor error logs, report potential problems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Knowledge of web security coding and database standards – cross site scripting issues, etc.
- Ensure content is kept current and in line with the web strategy and manage removal of obsolete content.
- Test presentation and readability in various browsers on various platforms.
- Respond promptly to emails and tracker requests.
- Comply with web policy and work with legal counsel on revisions to any legal policies or disclaimers as appropriate.
- Prepare and submit usage reports.
- Keep apprised of current standards and trends in internet technology and applications, providing expertise regarding best practices.
- Builds, manages lists and sends outgoing Association email blasts.
Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by the Director, Communications and Publications and the Associate Executive Director, Communications and Publications.