Freelance to start; possible opportunity to transition to full-time
Please submit cover letter, resume, 1-2 writing samples or links to writing samples and salary expectations.
The Communications Coordinator reports to the Editorial Manager and is responsible for providing editorial assistance for Association member-facing and public-facing print and digital communications.
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge of AP style helpful
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively
- Word processing and related computer application knowledge
- Zero to three years of related professional experience
- College degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Assist with writing, editing and proofreading copy for member magazine, website, emails and marketing communications for Association’s publications, programs, campaigns, events, initiatives and publications – ensuring materials match the AAOMS brand and style.
- Fact-check copy to ensure accuracy.
- Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by the Editorial Manager.