The Communications Specialist reports to the Editorial Manager and is responsible for providing writing and editorial assistance for Association programs, campaigns, initiatives and publications.
- Strong written communication skills, knowledge of AP style
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively
- Experience in healthcare editorial and public relations activities helpful
- Word processing, spreadsheet and related computer application knowledge
- Three to five years of related professional experience
- College degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field
- Write and edit magazine, email, press release and marketing copy for Association and affiliated organization programs, campaigns, events, initiatives and publications – ensuring message and style match the AAOMS brand policies and are consistent with the AAOMS strategic plan.
- Disseminate materials through all available channels to trade and general media.
- Recruit and facilitate trade and general media attendance at and/or coverage of AAOMS Annual Meeting and Dental Implant Conference.
- Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by the Editorial Manager.