Level 2 Helpdesk Technician
Information Technology Manager
The Level 2 Helpdesk Technician reports to the Information Technology Manager and as directed by the Information Technology Manager, delivers quality customer service to AAOMS employees. The Level 2 Helpdesk Technician serves as a 2nd Level to the Helpdesk/Audiovisual Technician and resolves all appropriate tickets in a timely manner. The Level 2 Helpdesk Technician will be able to provide troubleshooting and problem resolution services to staff calling the IT Help Desk for assistance. The Level 2 Helpdesk Technician uses documented processes and procedures to execute required duties and requires a minimum of supervision and assistance. The Level 2 Helpdesk Technician also helps create/modify processes and procedures to effectively operate the IT Help Desk. Superior customer service and phone skills are required.
Office open with most staff currently working 3 days per week in the office and 2 days per week working remotely.
Education and Training: An Associates Degree or Vocational Training in Computer Science/MIS from an accredited college, university or vocational program or equivalent experience.
Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years technical experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extremely detail oriented
- Superior customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communications skills
- Superior ability to prioritize and organize tasks
- Advanced working knowledge of the Windows and Mac OS operating systems
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Diagnostic and problem resolution
- Superior inter-personal and team interaction skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with a track record of achievement
- Microsoft 365 and Cloud Experience a must
- Knowledge of Backup and Restore a plus
- Networking knowledge a plus
- Serve as Level 2 for IT Helpdesk tickets. Resolve all tickets that Level 1 Helpdesk Technician escalates and all tickets within scope. Document issues thoroughly and completely in the IT Help Desk system and assign to applicable problem category
- Serve as backup to Helpdesk/Audiovisual Technician for tickets and pending tasks when they are not available – on PTO, doing A/V for OIEI, etc.
- Monitor AAOMS server events and backup jobs and report issues and possible resolutions to Information Technology Manager
- Assess urgency of issues, prioritize, and take appropriate steps toward resolution or escalation
- Keep all assigned non-ticket tasks up to date in Planner within Teams, along with resolution dates for each task
- Responsible for imaging and building workstations and laptops
- Responsible for keeping the VM used for the deployment image patched and up to date at all times, and also keeping image always up to date on thumb drives
- Assist with telecommunications support using VOIP and the Nextiva application.
- Responsible for patching of user machines and servers
- Responsible for Group Policy updates, maintenance, and deployment
- Responsible for Active Directory user changes, maintenance, and general housekeeping
- Responsible for Meraki Wireless user access
- Assist in support for Audiovisual equipment in the OMS Institute for Education and Innovation. Backup to the Helpdesk/Audiovisual person for facility classes. May require assisting during the work week and some weekends
- Working knowledge of mobile device technologies and OS
- Responsible for printer maintenance and troubleshooting including print server and print queues, and toner inventory
- Within Windows and OSX environments, perform troubleshooting tasks and resolve issues
- Provide end user training, including developing training modules, scheduling, and conducting training sessions
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all end user Desktop FAQs and “How To” articles
- Escalate network/technical issues to Information Technology Manager, and provide sufficient information to maintain continuity to assist with troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Provide proactive communication and notification to users of pending or upcoming problems, outages, or other service issues
- Provide friendly, courteous service to all users
- Adhere to AAOMS policies and procedures
- Ensure all tasks are performed with a high level of customer service and satisfaction
- Provide technical support and assist with registration at the Annual Meeting and Dental Implant Conference (some travel required).
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by the CFO/AED
NOTE: Position requires some off-hours and weekend work to support the OMS Institute for Innovation and Education.