SQL Developer & Report Writer
Associate Executive Director, Operations & Business
The SQL Developer & Report Writer reports to the Associate Executive Director, Operations & Business and is responsible for supporting the organization’s Association Management System (Personify) and reporting systems. The SQL Developer & Report Writer will develop reports according to business requirements as requested by business units using either Crystal Reports or SAP Business Objects.
As needed, the SQL Developer and Report Writer will research, analyze and create simple to complex SQL queries against database to extract information and trigger stored procedures against the SQL server database. The SQL Developer and Report Writer will also use the Personify Toolkit to modify screens within the AMS including adding fields and modifying views.
Furthermore, the SQL Developer and Report Writer serves as a liaison with Personify support placing support tickets, facilitating answers and deployment of fixes to the database.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in IT or two to three years related experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server databases.
- Experience with SQL queries, triggers and procedures, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access.
- Proficiency with Crystal Reports and SAP Business Objects Preferred
- Experience working with Association Management Systems preferred (preferably Personify or TIMSS)
- Excellent written and verbal communications; Good interpersonal skills with a customer service focus; ability to communicate effectively with business users in both training capacity as well as to facilitate accurate interpretation of business user requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a flexible manner to address changing needs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Create and modify queries and reports utilizing Business Objects Data Analyzer, Webi and Crystal Reports. Work directly with departments on requirements for reports and data files.
- Create dashboards and other analytical reports.
- Build and maintain Business Object Universes within AMS that enables all departments to pull reliable data using Business Objects.
- Write data extraction scripts in SQL for data driven reports.
- Develop scripts proactively to monitor and report data integrity.
- Using Toolkit, provide user interface enhancements to facilitate simplified entry and analysis.
- Develop stored procedures and triggers to generate email notifications.
- Assist with the extraction, transformation, and loading of disparate sources and ensure its integrity.
- Assist with database and application upgrades including acceptance testing and implementing new database functionality.
- Create documentation on process and procedures used in performance of assigned duties.
- Serve as liaison with Personify support.
Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by the Associate Executive Director, Operations and Business.