Staff Associate, Practice Management and Professional Staff Development
Manager, Practice Management and Professional Staff Development
The Practice Management and Allied Staff Associate (PMASA) works closely with and reports to the Practice Management and Allied Staff Manager, and provides staff support to the Committee on Practice Management and Professional Staff Development (CPMPSD), Dental Anesthesia Assistant National Certification Examination Advisory Committee (DAANCEAC) and the Special Committee on Evolving Practice Models (SCEPM). This position is responsible for coordinating and implementing various educational opportunities for OMSs and their practice managers, administrators, and clinical and allied staff.
This position works to ensure that all AAOMS educational programs and related logistics and materials are in compliance with the ACCME Essentials, Standards, and ADA CERP Guidelines. The PMASA supports the manager in the development, maintenance and execution of existing and future practice management products and resources. These resource tools should be focused on various areas of practice management, including topics related to OSHA and CDC infection control guidance, small business administration, human resources, FDA, DEA and other parties of interest as well as compliance with regulatory rules and state and federal laws which may impact an OMS office.
Strong and pleasant customer service skills are necessary to provide superior assistance to our various membership categories as is responding in a timely and professional manner to all telephone and email inquiries.
Provide professional content support and work with other departments when necessary. Participation at various staff and group meetings required. Requires limited to moderate travel.
- Association experience and a working knowledge of the healthcare industry preferred
- Must be detail-orientated and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess time management skills and ability to prioritize different projects and tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Display accountability and ownership over projects from start-to-finish, maintaining high personal standards of performance and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience working with volunteers and tracking communications with and management of volunteers, groups, committees
- Excellent proven writing ability
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and Adobe
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in similar role
- 4- year college degree preferred
- The ability to travel
- Monitor practice management changes and assess membership needs to create educational materials, such as webinars or written articles for AAOMS membership.
- Develop articles for e-news that will include practical OMS specific information related to business operations and other initiatives that impact the OMS practice physician practice.
- Work with the manager to execute annual meeting and other meeting activities
- Manage and update the learning management system for the On-Line Anesthesia Review for Dental Anesthesia Assistants and respond to all inquiries from current participants and potential enrollees
- Assist with the planning, development and execution of online and in-person meeting activities
- Serve as a point of contact for practice management webinar speakers and assist in managing webinar preparation leading up to the live event with BlueSky; after live event, work with CE team to add archived presentations to CE On-Demand website
- Create and Manage event planning schedule to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Work closely across divisions to coordinate calls for speakers, brochures, e-blasts, website updates and other event related activities
- Work closely with the registration department by providing pertinent event details for development of online registration for each program
- Monitor marketing schedules related to educational activities and practice management products to ensure timely promotion of these items
- Collaborate with cross-function teams
- Assist Manager on Monitoring global emerging trends, technology and changes in the healthcare industry
- Assist in managing the collection, preparation and distribution of program and course materials for annual meeting practice management and allied staff sessions, as well as other in-person meetings (e.g. presentations, agendas, handouts, etc.) and ensure materials adhere to ACCME guidelines and standards
- Gather course evaluations as appropriate and ensure survey reports are created and distributed; collaborate with manager and implement ways to continually improve assigned programs
- Assist with CPMPSD, SCEPM and DAANCE meetings by coordinating logistics, notifications of meetings, conference calls and writing minutes with assistance from manager
- Ensure a successful registration process for assigned programming with related AAOMS staff
- Helps manager to maintain content on Cadmium, the AAOMS meetings management software system and ensures all course, product and resource content is up-to-date and system is functioning properly
- Works within AAOMS association management system and ensures all information for educational products and resources is accurate
- Tracks PM inquiries in the AAOMS association management system
- Assists with the continual update of practice management and professional staff development information on AAOMS.org and submits requests to Communications as needed
- Support e-Learning opportunities via the On-Line Review Course for Dental Anesthesia Assistants and webinars, answering inquiries related to these courses
- Responds to questions and correspondence regarding all activities and resources offered by the practice management department, including meeting inquiries, seeking input from manager as needed
Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned by the Manager of Practice Management and Professional Allied Staff.