Monday, April 12, at 8 p.m. Eastern
- Federal lobbyists will walk through the AAOMS legislative talking points and answer questions.
- Advocacy Associates, a congressional scheduling service, will demonstrate their congressional visit platform.
- Both presentations will be recorded for those unable to participate.
Monday, April 19, at 7 p.m. Eastern
- 7 p.m. Eastern – AAOMS lobbyists will provide an additional Q&A.
- 7:30 p.m. Eastern – Attendees can meet with their fellow state advocates in breakout sessions to plan how to present the legislative issues during their congressional meetings.
- 8 p.m. Eastern – Political analyst Charlie Cook will present an insightful and entertaining update on the federal political landscape.
- Renowned political analyst and publisher of the Cook Political Report, Charlie Cook is called “the man who knows more about politics than anyone else” by Washingtonian and “the Picasso of election analysis” by The Wall Street Journal. He will discuss today’s political and legislative environments in a balanced, non-partisan way.
Tuesday, April 20
- Virtual congressional visits will take place.
- Congressional meeting schedules will be distributed the week of April 12.
- Attendees should keep their schedules open the entirety of April 20 to ensure participation in all constituent congressional visits.
Participation in all Day on the Hill-related events is encouraged. Participation in both evening events leading up to the April 20 congressional visits is optional – but highly recommended.