A Fellow has the right to vote and hold office. An individual shall have the following qualifications:
- Certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Membership in the American Dental Association or other such evidence which verifies that the individual is functioning within the professional, moral and ethical framework of the specialty of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Completion of an advanced Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery education program accredited by the American Dental Association's Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Compliance with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons' Code of Professional Conduct and Official Advisory Opinions.
- Practices in the United States or its possessions.
- Membership in his/her OMS state society in which he/she practices.
- Submission of additional written evidence of qualifications as requested.
Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (required): $131