Individuals in training in an American Dental Association (ADA) Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredited training program in oral and maxillofacial surgery in the United States or Canada shall automatically become Resident Members after completion of a Resident Member Application Form. Resident Members have until July 31 of the year in which they complete training to apply for AAOMS membership so that they may have their names published as Candidates for AAOMS Membership.
Resident Member Benefits:
- May attend the AAOMS annual meeting with waiver of the general registration fee.
- May attend clinics free of charge on a space available basis.
- Receive all the benefits as offered by the Resident Organization, AAOMS (ROAAOMS).
- Receive a complimentary subscription to the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Are not required to pay the Membership application fee.
Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: Free while attending OMS training program
Graduated Fees & Assessments For Senior Residents*
Available to Residents who apply for Candidate membership prior to completion of their training.
1st Year Dues: Waived
2nd Year Dues: One-third (1/3) of the full dues level established for AAOMS Fellows/Members.
3rd Year Dues: Two-thirds (2/3) of the full dues level.
Following Years: Full amount of Fellow/Member dues and fees.
(Currently, Fellow/Member dues are $1,250 annually.)
* An Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon who applies for Membership after completion of his/her training is not eligible for the graduated fee and assessments. His/her fee as a Candidate will be equal to the full amount of dues, fees and assessments for a Fellow or Member.