Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS)
What is the Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS)?
ADEA PASS is a centralized application service, which has been designed by the American Dental Education Association (ADEA) for individuals applying to advanced dental education programs. The ADEA PASS Service is available to all individuals applying to the over 600 participating advanced dental education programs. ADEA PASS simplifies the application process by providing one standardized format, relieving applicants of the need to complete multiple applications. Dental programs benefit by receiving uniform information on all applicants.
Most (but not all) programs that participate in the Match also participate in ADEA PASS. However, ADEA PASS and Match are separate and distinct services. Completing and submitting an application through ADEA PASS will not automatically register you for the Match. Similarly, applicants are not required to complete an ADEA PASS application in order to register for and participate in the Match. To obtain a position at a program that is participating in the Match you must register separately for the Match, which includes agreeing to the Match Applicant Agreement and paying the Match registration fee.
Which postdoctoral programs can participate?
To be eligible to participate in ADEA PASS, advanced dental education programs must be accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation or be offered by a dental school that is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. Learn more...
Join today and experience the benefits that include:
- A fully online operation
- Recruitment support through the ADEA PASS Program Search Engine that makes your program visible to prospective applicants throughout North America and beyond
- Access to the comprehensive application management tool (WebAdMIT) that enables ADEAPASS participating programs to administer their application processing, applicant evaluation and selection, reporting, and candidate communication completely online.
- Utilize the special faculty reviewer feature through WebAdMIT that will allow you to securely designate your selection committee members to receive applicant files for on-screen read-only review.
- No cost to programs
How does ADEA PASS work?
There are two components to the full ADEA PASS application. The applicant must submit both (1) the electronic application and (2) the Required Documents listed below to initiate the processing of the application. ADEA PASS will only process complete applications.
Program directors receive a complete application. The application includes:
- Processing Fee
- One ETS® PPI for ADEA Report Learn more...
- Up to 2 Official Professional Evaluations (paper or eForms)
- Official Dental School Transcript(s)
For More Information
To obtain further information about PASS, and the programs which participate in PASS, please contact:
ADEA PASS Customer Service
ADEA PASS Customer Services Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern time except federal holidays.
ADEA PASS Application: portal.passweb.org