The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Foundation has designated funds to provide scholarship assistance to OMS Residents for attendance to CSIOMS. The OMS Foundation will grant a maximum of ten individual $1,000 scholarships for attendance to CSIOMS. Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for application submission is March 15, 2017.
Osteo Science Foundation Scholarship Fund
The AAOMS is pleased to announce the Osteo Science Foundation Scholarship Fund to provide assistance to attend and participate in the 2017 Clinical and Scientific Innovations for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (CSIOMS) Conference. The scholarships are available to OMS residents and fellows at accredited OMS training programs. Dental students who have been accepted or are considering applying to an OMS resident training program are also eligible for the scholarship.
- OMS applicants must be a member of AAOMS.
- Residents and fellows must be in a CODA accredited OMS program.
- Residents must be a current member of ROAAOMS.
- Residents and fellows must have support from their OMS program director to allow time away to attend the course.
- Dental students must have the support of an OMS program director.
- Applicants must not be a member of the Committee on Research Planning and Technology Assessment.
- OMS residents who receive an OMS Foundation scholarship to attend the course are not eligible to receive an Osteo Science Foundation scholarship.
- All applicants must provide:
- A written statement summarizing qualifications for receiving the scholarship and what he/she hopes to obtain by attending the meeting. Include areas of research interest in your statement.
- A current CV.
- Any supporting documentation that is considered important for evaluating the application.
Conditions of Award
- Scholarship is used to attend the 2017 Clinical and Scientific Innovations for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (CSIOMS) Conference. Scholarship funds are for two nights of hotel and course-related travel costs, including coach airfare purchased 21 days in advance, for awardee (up to $1,000 in total).
- The recipient is responsible for the balance of transportation and per diem expenses.
- The recipient must submit a written summary of his/her experience at the Clinical Trials Methods Course within 30 days following the event. The application documents and written summary will become the property of AAOMS.
- Scholarship funds will be disbursed upon receipt of a written summary of the awardee’s experience and detailed expenses including receipts.
- All eligible applications will be reviewed and rated by the Committee on Research Planning and Technology Assessment. Eligible dental students, OMS residents, and fellows within 5 years of completion of their training will be given preferential consideration.
- AAOMS will, at its sole discretion, select the award recipients from recommendations provided by the Committee on Research Planning and Technology Assessment.
- Awards will be reviewed and distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Notification letters to the applicants will be mailed from AAOMS by March 20, 2017. Recipient names may appear in AAOMS and Osteo Science Foundation print and electronic communications.
- Applicants are not eligible for Osteo Science Scholarship if awarded the OMS Foundation Scholarship.
- Application must be completed and returned to AAOMS by March 15, 2017.
- Please submit completed application, CV and supporting documents in one PDF document to Laurie Oddo, Advanced Education and Professional Affairs.