25th AAOMS Dental Implant Conference to continue premier education tradition
November 11, 2017
Rosemont, Ill. – The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) will host its 25th Dental Implant Conference – the premier dental implant educational event featuring an internationally renowned faculty of experts – from Nov. 30 to Dec. 2 in Chicago, Ill.
More than 1,000 oral and maxillofacial surgeons, their staff and restorative dentists will gather to enhance their knowledge of dental implants, which offer patients a long-term solution to missing teeth. The event caters to the entire dental implant team.
By attending the three days of innovative research and procedural courses, participants can elevate their implant practice. Session topics – taught by more than 30 speakers – range from replacing congenital missing teeth to effectively applying digital technology in a practice.
Highlights of the preconference sessions and the intensive educational programs include:
- Didactic sessions and hands-on workshops on topics such as implant restorations and case-based dental implant techniques.
- Point/counterpoint discussions exploring clinically common topics, such as implant options when treating the lower jaw.
- Question-and-answer sessions with the session speakers.
- Faculty reflecting on the history of AAOMS and the specialty while assessing the future of oral and maxillofacial surgery, as the Association gets ready to celebrate its centennial in 2018.
- New this year, a live simulcast option for participants to watch general sessions from wherever they are.
“As AAOMS offers its 25th Dental Implant Conference, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, their staff and referring dentists can participate in a range of preconference sessions and educational programs geared toward the dental implant practice,” said AAOMS President Brett L. Ferguson, DDS, FACS. “After three days of focused courses and exhibits, doctors and their staff can enhance their practices with renewed knowledge. We look forward to collectively learning the innovations and groundbreaking research in the field of dental implants.”
More than 100 companies will showcase the most technologically advanced products and services in the specialty in the Exhibit Hall at the Sheraton Grand Chicago. The Exhibit Hall also will feature the AAOMS Product Resource Center, where attendees can receive educational, regulatory compliance, practice management and marketing materials for their practice.
Dental anesthesia and surgical assistants also can renew their anesthesia knowledge and skills through assistant-focused courses, including a hands-on, four-hour workshop and a two-day review course on such topics as methods of anesthesia administration, monitoring and emergency preparedness.
Registration is open to AAOMS members, students, non-members and the media. View AAOMS.org/DIC for additional information.