AAOMS Dental Implant Conference to showcase the latest in research
Rosemont, Ill. – The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) will host the premier dental implant educational event – the Dental Implant Conference – from Nov. 29 to Dec. 1 at Sheraton Grand Chicago in Chicago, Ill.
The annual conference will feature international experts presenting the latest research in the field of dental implants, which offer patients a long-term solution to missing teeth. More than 1,000 oral and maxillofacial surgeons, their staff and restorative dentists will attend sessions taught by more than 30 speakers on topics including the transition from freehand to guided navigation, and social media in dentistry.
Highlights of the preconference and general sessions include:
- Two full days of fast-paced, practical and innovative presentations during the general sessions Nov. 30 and Dec. 1 will focus on such topics as managing and avoiding complications and ridge augmentation and prosthetic solutions.
- In honor of AAOMS’s 100th anniversary, a general session Dec. 1 will celebrate the Association’s history, touching on the application of technology in the field and the development of patient-specific implants.
- The Nov. 29 preconference schedule features three hands-on sessions covering peri-implant soft-tissue augmentation, digital scanning for the OMS and the evolution of implant dentistry.
- Three other preconference sessions designed for OMSs and their restorative dental colleagues will discuss transforming surgical practices with new digital technology, approaches to augment the narrow ridge and full-arch esthetic management.
- Back by popular demand, a live simulcast will allow participants to watch general sessions from afar and earn continuing education credit.
In addition, more than 100 companies will display cutting-edge products and services for dental implant practices in the Exhibit Hall at the Sheraton Grand Chicago.
“The Dental Implant Conference is designed to provide OMSs, their referring dentists and staff – the entire dental implant team – the latest in research and development,” said AAOMS President A. Thomas Indresano, DMD, FACS. “For more than a quarter century, the conference has presented innovations in dental implants from a renowned faculty of international experts in the field.”
Registration is open to AAOMS members, students, non-members and the media. Visit AAOMS.org/DIC for additional information.