2019 Annual Meeting Frequently Asked Questions
Although online registration is closed, those who did not register in advance may do so onsite at the AAOMS Onsite Registration Center in Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC).
Taxi service – Logan International Airport offers taxicab service available from the designated taxi zones at each terminal on Arrivals Level (curbside). To ensure you have a licensed taxi driver, be sure to use designated taxi stands.
Public transit – The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) provides public transportation from Boston Logan International Airport to downtown Boston. Visit mbta.com for information on transportation to/from the airport.
- Omni Parker House has limited shuttle service provided by AAOMS. Additional information will be provided onsite.
- Hyatt Centric Faneuil Hall will use the pickup location at the Omni Parker House. Additional information will be provided onsite.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Boston Crosstown Center has limited shuttle service provided by hotel. Additional information will be provided onsite.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Boston Bayside has limited shuttle service provided by hotel. Additional information will be provided onsite.
The Westin Boston Waterfront, Renaissance, Yotel Boston, Seaport Hotel, Aloft Boston Seaport District and Element Boston Seaport District all are conveniently located within walking distance of the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. Shuttle buses are not provided from these hotels.
Search for “AAOMS Events” in the App Store (Apple devices) or the Google Play Store (Android devices). Users of other devices may visit AAOMS.org/app and bookmark it for future reference. Or scan the QR code on the signs around the convention center.
Important note: A new, enhanced meeting mobile app has been created this year. Even if you have the app from past meetings on your phone, you will need to download the new one to access the app for this year’s meeting.
For an overview of all the features of the app and tips for using it, visit AAOMS.org/AAOMS2019app. For more information on how to access these features, visit the AAOMS Product Resource Center open during the regular Exhibit Hall hours of 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Booth 845.
Claim CE credit for sessions you attend at AAOMS.org/MyCE. This website can be accessed at the Internet CEnter in the North Lobby of Boston Convention and Exhibition Center or from your personal device. New this year: Evaluate sessions and claim CE credit from within the Annual Meeting mobile app. Sessions can be evaluated until Jan. 31.
On the website, log in to the system using your last name and badge number. If you are evaluating a paid ticketed session, you must be registered for that session in order to complete the evaluation and receive credit. The Anesthesia Update preconference also requires separate registration to access the CE evaluation. If you are still having trouble accessing the site during the Annual Meeting, you may visit the program office in Room 251 at the convention center or call 617-954-3411. For questions after the Annual Meeting, contact email@example.com or visit AAOMS.org/MyCE.
The Program Office/Speaker Ready Room is located in Room 251 at Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC). The hours are:
Tuesday, Sept. 17 Noon – 4 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 18 6:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 19 6:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 20 6:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 21 6:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Both electronic and printed scientific posters will be available during the Annual Meeting. Poster boards will be on display in the Ballroom Foyer at Boston Exhibition and Convention Center, level 3. E-posters will be accessible online and through the meeting app starting Sept. 9. During the meeting, scan the QR code attached to each poster board to view the e-poster on your mobile device.
Handouts can be accessed at AAOMS.org/Boston. Handouts also can be downloaded through the 2019 Annual Meeting mobile app. Note: Not all speakers have provided a handout.
Recordings can be pre-ordered at the Recordings Kiosk in the North Lobby or at AAOMS.org/Recordings. They will be available by mid-October. Special pricing is available for attendees who order while onsite – an entire set is $499 ($599 after Sept. 22). Visit AAOMS.org/Recordings for complete information.
- If you registered for a paid course, the ticket was included in your registration packet.
- A paid ticket guarantees a seat in the specified course.
- Available tickets can be purchased at the onsite registration desk in the North Lobby.
- Didactic clinical courses do not require tickets. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Practice Management and Professional Staff Development sessions do not require tickets or Day Passes. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The cadaver course will be Wednesday, Sept. 18, at the Boston Bioskills Lab. Transportation will be provided from the Westin Boston Waterfront to the lab at 7:45 a.m.
The Exhibit Hall is located in Exhibit Hall Level A. The hours are:
Thursday, Sept. 19 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 20 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 21 9:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Exhibitor check-in is located in Boston Convention and Exhibition Center – North Lobby. The hours are:
Tuesday, Sept. 17 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 18 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 19 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 20 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 21 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
An exhibitor list and floor plan are in the Final Program Exhibitor Information section and in the AAOMS Annual Meeting mobile app.
There are five corporate forums running concurrently from 4:45 – 6:15 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19. They are:
- GCF1: Birdeye: Raving Patients: Attracting Implants Patients to Your Practice Using Social Proof
The Westin Waterfront Boston, Room: Commonwealth Ballroom BC
- GCF2: Straumann: Immediacy in Implant Dentistry: Preservation is more predictable than reconstruction
The Westin Waterfront Boston, Room: Harbor Ballroom III
- GCF3: Geistlich Biomaterials: Grafting The Esthetic Zone For Implants
The Westin Waterfront Boston, Room: Grand Ballroom CD
- GCF4: ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers: Addressing The Underserved Edentulous Population
The Westin Waterfront Boston, Room: Harbor Ballroom II
- GCF 5: Cosponsored by DePuy Synthes and Pacira BioSciences, Inc.: Comprehensive Solutions for the Oral Surgeon -- Innovations, techniques and best practices for oral and maxillofacial surgery
The Westin Waterfront Boston, Room: Harbor Ballroom I
The Product Theater – open noon to 1 p.m. Thursday and Friday – is located in Exhibit Hall, Booth 601.
Thursday, Sept. 19
GPT1: Legally Mine: Understanding Legal Tools: The Keys to Lawsuit Prevention and Tax Reduction
Friday, Sept. 20
GPT2: Snoasis Medical: Dental Alveolar Reconstruction and Regeneration Using BioXclude Amnion-chorion Allograft
Located in Booths 1231 and 1431. Different sessions will run daily.
Thursday, Sept. 19
9:40 – 10 a.m. FRED Talk – MECC / Dr. Marx Educational Resources: OMFS Courses – Something for everyone
2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Meet the Expert: Larry Wolford, DMD
2:40 – 3 p.m. FRED Talk – MECC / Dr. Marx Educational Resources: Marrow Marxman Stem Cell Harvester
Friday, Sept. 20
9:40 – 10 a.m. FRED Talk – Straumann: Implant Dentistry: The evolution of patients, providers, and technology
2:30 – 3:30 p.m. Meet the Expert: Edward Ellis, III, DDS, MS
2:40 – 3 p.m. FRED Talk – Cytek: IT versus Cybersecurity: Do you know the difference
Saturday, Sept. 21
9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Meet the Expert: Eric Dierks, DMD, MD
9:40 – 10 a.m. FRED Talk – E-GIGARA.COM: Why Your Social Media Matters for the practice of OMS and How To Make The Most Of It
Attendees are invited to become social media savvy by visiting the AAOMS Social Media Bar, which is open during the regular Exhibit Hall hours. Stop by Booth 1055 to ask a question or participate in one-on-one consulting.
To strengthen your understanding of the AAOMS Informational Campaign, participate in one of six learning lab sessions. These brief learning labs can help AAOMS members and their staff learn how to take advantage of the materials available through the AAOMS Informational Campaign to educate patients and promote the specialty and their practices. No tickets are required.
Learning labs will be held:
9:35 a.m. Thursday
2:35 p.m. Thursday
9:35 a.m. Friday
2:35 p.m. Friday
9:35 a.m. Saturday
12:05 p.m. Saturday
There is not a message board to post messages; however, you can connect with colleagues through the mobile app as long as the attendees have given permission for the app to show their profile. For more information on how to access these features, please visit the AAOMS Product Resource Center during the regular Exhibit Hall hours of 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday and Friday and 9:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. Saturday in the Exhibit Hall, Booth 845.
First aid is located in the First Aid Office on the Exhibit Hall Level at the convention center. The hours are:
Monday, Sept. 16 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 17 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 18 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 19 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 20 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 21 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Outakes is located in the North Lobby at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center. Concessions are available in the Exhibit Hall during the regular Exhibit Hall hours.
Starbucks is located in the Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel on the Lobby Level.
The lost-and-found box is located at Attendee Registration in the North Lobby at Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC). At the end of the meeting, unclaimed items are turned into the Convention Center Security Office. Unclaimed items will be logged into the BCEC lost-and-found database, which will be available online after the Annual Meeting at signatureboston.com/attend/lost-and-found. Attendees looking for lost items may submit a claim online. When a claim is matched with a found item, the owner will be notified, and the item can be picked up or shipped.
Luggage check is located in the lobby at the convention center. The hours are:
|Thursday, Sept. 19||6:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.|
|Friday, Sept. 20||6:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Saturday, Sept. 21||7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.|
The President’s Event is 7 to 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20 at Fenway Park. If tickets are still available for the event, please see Attendee Registration in the North Lobby at Boston Convention and Exhibition Center (BCEC).
Important information about the President’s Event:
- Tickets are required and must be purchased in advance.
- Tickets must be presented to board the bus (or, if driving, enter the park at Entrance K).
- No tickets will be sold at the door.
- Bus transportation will be provided from the headquarters hotel, Westin Boston Waterfront Hotel, beginning at 6:15 p.m. at the D Street Entrance.
- Fenway entrance security includes bag search and metal detectors.
- Ballpark casual attire is appropriate for this event.
- Red Sox legends Carlton Fisk and Curt Schilling will sign autographs.
- Two lines will be formed – one for each player.
- A 5x7 photo will be provided to you for the player to autograph. Or you are welcome to bring an item to be autographed. (Limit one item per person.)
- Have your cell phone ready. One photo per person can be taken with the player.
Tickets were provided to paid attendees, not guests. Visit the Registration Center, which may have extras.