Shortcuts to information:
Virtual AAOMS Annual Meeting: Oct. 1 to 10
This robust meeting will feature both live and on-demand education to allow attendees optimum learning flexibility.
View the schedule of sessions and events at AAOMS.org/AMprogram.
The virtual format combines high-quality educational content from the traditional Annual Meeting and the Dental Implant Conference into one distinctive meeting. Attendees can expect world-class presentations with new ways to engage with speakers and a community-oriented platform that allows for peer-to-peer engagement.
Similar to past in-person meetings, the educational content will present evidence-based clinical tracks that cover the scope of OMS practice. The schedule also includes the Keynote Lecture, a Dental Implant Program, a COVID-19 update, abstract and poster sessions, practice management courses and an enhanced virtual Exhibit Hall. (The virtual House of Delegates sessions are scheduled for Sept. 26 and 27.)
2020 Annual Meeting Learning Objectives
102nd AAOMS Annual Meeting, Scientific Sessions and Exhibition
Held in conjunction with the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (IAOMS)
The Digital Workforce: Improving Efficiency and Safety for our Patients
At the conclusion of the AAOMS Annual Meeting, participants should be able to:
- Identify emerging issues and trends in oral and maxillofacial surgery to be on the forefront of research and innovation.
- Apply knowledge and increase competencies by participating in didactic presentations, skill-building workshops and distinctive educational formats to support complex concepts in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Demonstrate for all members of the OMS team the various evidence-based approaches and treatments applicable in oral and maxillofacial surgery and foster interprofessional collaboration in practice to improve patient outcomes.
- Discover support, guidance and leadership opportunities in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery through networking with peers and mentors.
View the schedule of sessions and events at AAOMS.org/AMprogram.
The program will include:
- Live and on-demand access to 10 days of quality educational content with more than 100 CE credits.
- Nine clinical tracks with breakout sessions covering the OMS scope of practice.
- A comprehensive Dental Implant Program on Oct. 10 featuring the latest research and innovations.
- Renowned speakers from around the world.
- A community-oriented platform allowing attendees to engage with speakers and each other.
- Practice management sessions – for OMSs and their staff – designed to help guide all facets of an OMS practice.
- An update on COVID-19 and its impact on oral and maxillofacial surgery.
The general registration fee entitles attendees to participate in all Spotlight Sessions, clinical tracks, Dental Implant Program, breakout sessions, poster and abstract sessions, practice management sessions and exhibitor-hosted sessions.
Virtual Platform Access
Note: This AAOMS website is not the virtual meeting platform.
Each registered attendee was sent platform access instructions to the email account used to register for the meeting. Registrants should look for an email sent on behalf of AAOMS from firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who register during the meeting Oct. 1 – 10 will receive their access information within 24 hours.
Registrants must log in with the email address these access instructions were sent to. (Please retain this email for future reference.) Your account may only be logged into one device at a time. Please note that sharing account access is prohibited. Navigation assistance will be available in the virtual Lobby and Help Desk upon login.
Questions? Contact AAOMS registration staff at 800-822-6637 or email@example.com.
Annual Meeting Evaluation and Continuing Education Credit Transcripts
AAOMS will collect educational session evaluations and provide CDE/CME credit transcripts using an internet-based system. Attendees will need to reference their member/registration ID number when logging in to the system. Visit AAOMS.org/MyCE for information.
AAOMS Virtual Annual Meeting Code of Conduct
AAOMS is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and AAOMS staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AAOMS staff members and service providers are expected to abide by this Virtual Annual Meeting Code of Conduct. This policy applies to all AAOMS meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AAOMS but held in conjunction with AAOMS events on public or private platforms.
AAOMS has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment including, but not limited to, sexual harassment by participants or AAOMS staff at AAOMS meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, AAOMS asks you report it here, so appropriate action can be taken.
AAOMS reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and AAOMS reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting, virtually or in person.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, AAOMS staff, service provider or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, AAOMS staff member, service provider or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the exhibit hall or at events organized by AAOMS throughout the virtual meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and AAOMS staff.
- Presentations, postings and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements or solicitation for services. AAOMS reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
Consent to Use Photographic Images and Recordings
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, AAOMS meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to AAOMS’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, electronic reproductions, video and audio recordings of such events and activities. Note: Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space. No individual or entity may record any portion of the meeting. Photographing or recording AAOMS educational sessions and events by individual attendees is strictly prohibited.