Dynamic art, cuisine, outdoor activities and music await in Music City. Add these experiences to enhance your AAOMS Annual Meeting visit:
- Explore music history – Nashville boasts a strong musical heritage. Take in the exhibits at the National Museum of African American Music and The Johnny Cash Museum. Purchase your ticket to the President’s Event to explore the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
- View world-class art – Be sure to check out the impressive Parthenon, which gave Nashville the nickname, the “Athens of the South.” Swing by Hatch Show Print, one of the country’s oldest working letterpress poster shops, or tour the popular Frist Art Museum with a frequently changing schedule of exhibits.
- Enjoy live music – Musical talent abounds at the city’s premier country music stage, the Grand Ole Opry. For a more casual experience, stop in an establishment along Lower Broadway. Musical acts perform day and night, all without a cover charge.
- Learn Nashville history – What began as a log cabin in 1807 is now the striking Belle Meade Historic Site and Winery. This Greek Revival Mansion, one of the state’s largest private estates, spans more than 5,400 acres. Another estate worth a visit is Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage. The residence of Jackson – considered the “People’s President” – is one of the largest, most visited U.S. presidential homes.
- Experience nature – Enjoy sprawling greenery at the Shelby Bottoms Nature Center and Greenway or Cheekwood Estate and Gardens. Both offer walking trails among expansive flower displays. For a fantastic view of the Nashville skyline and the Cumberland River, stroll the John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge.
- Embark on a tasting tour – Discover cuisine unique to Nashville. Classic dining spots serve iconic dishes, such as Hattie B’s hot chicken and Edley’s Bar-B-Que. Alfresco dining is prominent in Nashville, so enjoy dining on a patio or rooftop. For an expanded culinary experience, visit the Nashville Nightlife Dinner Theatre or take a culinary walking tour.
View special discounts and coupons exclusive to Annual Meeting attendees.
Photos courtesy of Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp.
Photo courtesy of Chris Hollo
Photo courtesy of Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
Photo courtesy of John Schweikert