- Innovation comes from... new experiences – The Annual Meeting is a customizable program. When planning your agenda, decide what you want to accomplish. If you are the sole OMS from your practice or university in attendance, ask colleagues what information they want you to gather. This can help broaden your scope and allow you to return with a wealth of knowledge to share. If you have a solo practice, consider attending one of the practice management sessions to better understand the latest regulations and financial trends in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Innovation comes from... inspiration – Start the Annual Meeting with a solid foundation by attending the Anesthesia Update preconference program. This year’s session will focus on the surgeon’s role in navigating the care of patients who are either casual or habitual marijuana users. Register now, as space is limited for this popular session.
- Innovation comes from... exploration – The Annual Meeting offers a range of subject areas to discover. When planning your schedule, consider attending something new such as a course on facial cosmetic surgery, marketing, cybersecurity or treatment for sleep disturbance in children.
- Innovation comes from... planning – Use the AAOMS mobile app to build your personal itinerary. Allow time for fun in San Diego – and be sure to check out SanDiego.com for attractions. And don’t miss the President’s Event at the USS Midway Museum, where you can enjoy an evening of fun, food and entertainment at the historical site. (Tickets are required for the President’s Event.)
- Innovation comes from... hands-on learning – Consider participating in the new hands-on zygomatic implant course. This comprehensive, case-driven course will provide an overview on the placement of zygoma implants. Sessions will cover postoperative care, complication management and case discussions. Following morning presentations, attendees will be able to work with 3D models and spend two hours in a cadaver lab. Registration for only the half-day lecture also is available. Tickets are required and may soon sell out.
- Innovation comes from... navigating priorities – Attending sessions and participating in events can be demanding (especially if dealing with a time zone change). Establish your priorities and take some time to recharge by strolling through the Exhibit Hall. Browse specialty-related products and services from 150-plus exhibitors and check out Eat, Drink and Be Industry-Educated sessions and Industry Symposiums that highlight the latest technologies and innovations for practices.
- Innovation comes from... connection – One of the top benefits of the Annual Meeting is networking. Before the meeting, check your business card inventory, follow AAOMS on LinkedIn and access the online community for AAOMS members, AAOMS Connect. Looking for a research partner, business associate or job opportunity? Visit the Membership Services booth in the Exhibit Hall. Starting Aug. 23 through the end of the Annual Meeting, receive 20 percent off a job posting purchased on the AAOMS CareerLine website using the promotion code AAOMS2023.
Discover where innovation can lead by attending the 2023 Annual Meeting.