Shortcuts to General Information:
- 2023 AAOMS Annual Meeting
- Learning Objectives
- Educational Program
- Meeting Facilities and Hotel Reservations
- Letter of Invitation
- Online Evaluations and Continuing Education Credit Transcripts
- Annual Meeting Photography
- Consent to Use Photographic Images and Recordings
- Media at the AAOMS Annual Meeting
- Allied Organization Event Space Request
- AAOMS Annual Meeting Code of Conduct
- COVID-19 safety and liability waiver
2023 AAOMS Annual Meeting
105th AAOMS Annual Meeting, Scientific Sessions and Exhibition
Innovations in OMS: Patient Care and Practice Strategies
The 2023 AAOMS Annual Meeting will be offered in-person and online.
At the conclusion of the AAOMS Annual Meeting, participants should be able to:
- Identify emerging issues and trends in oral and maxillofacial surgery to be on the forefront of research and innovation.
- Apply knowledge while increasing competencies by participating in distinctive educational formats to support complex concepts in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Demonstrate for all members of the OMS team the various evidence-based approaches and treatments applicable in oral and maxillofacial surgery while fostering interprofessional collaboration in practice to improve patient outcomes.
- Discover support, guidance and leadership opportunities in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery through networking with peers and mentors.
View the full schedule of events and session descriptions at AAOMS.org/AMprogram.
Meeting Facilities and Hotel Reservations
Most educational sessions and the exhibition will take place at the San Diego Convention Center.
The headquarters hotel – Hilton San Diego Bayfront – will host the Keynote Lecture; Opening Ceremony, Awards Presentation and Meeting Dedication; Welcome Reception; and select sessions and social functions.
Specific event and session locations will be listed at AAOMS.org, in the Annual Meeting Final Program and the Annual Meeting Mobile App (available later this summer).
AAOMS has reserved hotel rooms at several preferred hotels. Visit the Annual Meeting Hotel and Travel Information page to take advantage of AAOMS group rates.
Letter of Invitation
If you require a letter of invitation for visa purposes, you may submit an online request.
Online Evaluations and Continuing Education Credit Transcripts
AAOMS collects educational session evaluations and provides CDE/CME credit transcripts using an internet-based system to give attendees greater control over their continuing education credit.
Attendees will need to reference their member/registration ID number when logging in to the system.
Visit AAOMS.org/MyCE for information.
Annual Meeting Photography
As a service to attendees, the AAOMS photographer will take pictures throughout the meeting. Photographs will be available online for viewing and ordering within a few weeks after the AAOMS Annual Meeting. Photographing, videotaping or recording audio of AAOMS educational sessions and events by individual attendees is strictly prohibited.
Consent to Use Photographic Images and Recordings
Registration and attendance at, or participation in, AAOMS meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to AAOMS’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant’s or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, electronic reproductions as well as video and audio recordings of such events and activities. Note: No individual or entity may record any portion of the meeting.
Business attire is appropriate for Annual Meeting sessions. The average September temperature in San Diego is 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
Children are allowed in the Exhibit Hall at the convention center. However, they must wear a meeting badge and be accompanied by an adult. Meeting badges for children are available at no charge at the AAOMS Registration Center at the San Diego Convention Center. Children are not allowed in any of the educational or business sessions.
Media at the AAOMS Annual Meeting
Credentialed media representatives are invited to attend the 105th American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) Annual Meeting, Scientific Sessions and Exhibition being held Sept. 20 – 23 the San Diego Convention Center and Hilton San Diego Bayfront in San Diego, Calif.
At this premier educational experience for oral and maxillofacial surgeons, the media can attend sessions that cover the latest innovations in dental implants, cosmetic maxillofacial surgery, obstructive sleep apnea, reconstruction and the temporomandibular joint. The meeting also will feature more than 175 exhibitors highlighting the latest technologies.
Media representatives wishing to attend the AAOMS Annual Meeting – including the Exhibit Hall – can download the AAOMS Annual Meeting media registration packet that includes event details, AAOMS’s media policy and a media registration form. Note: There are no registration fees for media to attend the meeting.
Submit the completed Media Registration forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 847-678-6286 or mail to:
AAOMS Associate Executive Director, Communications and Publications
9700 W. Bryn Mawr Ave.
Rosemont, IL 60018
Allied Organization Event Space Request
To request event space for allied organization functions, visit AAOMS.org/Space. Event space request form submissions are due May 15.
Space will be assigned in order of request receipt. Please be sure to complete all requested information. If you have an elaborate function that requires additional setup or dismantle time, note this on the form in the comment section.
AAOMS Annual Meeting Code of Conduct
AAOMS is committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and AAOMS staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, AAOMS staff members and service providers are expected to abide by this Annual Meeting Code of Conduct. This policy applies to all AAOMS meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than AAOMS but held in conjunction with AAOMS events in-person or on public or private virtual platforms.
AAOMS has zero tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment including, but not limited to, sexual harassment by participants or AAOMS staff at AAOMS meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, AAOMS asks you report it, so appropriate action can be taken.
AAOMS reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and AAOMS reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting – online or in person.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, AAOMS staff, service provider or other meeting guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, AAOMS staff member, service provider or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations during sessions, in the Exhibit Hall or at events organized by AAOMS throughout the meeting. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and AAOMS staff.
- Presentations should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers or solicitation for services. AAOMS reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
COVID-19 safety and liability waiver
Liability Waiver, Assumption of Risk and Release
You acknowledge that you derive personal benefit from your attendance at this in-person event and willingly engage in the sessions. By registering for this event, you hereby release, waive and forever discharge any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature against AAOMS and its speakers and exhibitors, including in each case, without limitation, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents (the “Released Parties”), either in law or in equity, to the fullest extent permissible by law, including but not limited to, damages or losses caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties, including but not limited to death, bodily injury, illness, economic loss, or loss or damage to property, which you, your heirs, assignees, next of kin and/or legally appointed or designated representatives, may have or which may hereinafter accrue on your behalf, which arise or may hereafter arise from your participation in the event. Your attendance at an in-person AAOMS event includes possible exposure to and illness from communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules, vaccination and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death still exists. You knowingly and freely assume all such risks associated with attending the event, even if arising from the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties. BY ATTENDING AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY IN-PERSON AAOMS EVENTS, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE GIVEN A FULL RELEASE OF LIABILITY TO THE RELEASED PARTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND ARE ASSUMING THE RISK OF POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO COMMUNICABLE DISEASES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO COVID-19.
Questions about the AAOMS Annual Meeting? Contact AAOMS staff by email or call 847-678-6200 or 800-822-6637.