Help your staff develop and refresh their skills to better your practice and patient care during the 2017 AAOMS Annual Meeting, being held Oct. 9 to 14 in San Francisco, Calif.
- Pick out your must-see sessions. Of the 100+ scientific sessions offered, select the courses you most want to attend to ensure you learn the information most important to you. Need help? Check out the AAOMS featured sessions for ideas.
- Download the Annual Meeting mobile app. This app helps create a personal schedule of the sessions and events, provides up-to-date program information and locates exhibitors. You also can take notes, send messages to colleagues and receive real-time communications from AAOMS with the app. Search for “AAOMS Events” in the Apple or Google Play stores.
- Take advantage of the AAOMS Professional Headshot booth. The AAOMS Professional Headshot booth is free to all meeting attendees. Visit Booth 2108 in the Exhibit Hall to take advantage of this new member service.
- Attend a Foundation event. The OMS Foundation and Alliance host events such the Alliance Health Walk for all meeting attendees. To learn more about the Foundation, visit the Member Pavilion Booth 1720 in the Exhibit Hall.
- Collaborate when drawing up your meeting goals. After selecting your must-see sessions, choose sessions from which your colleagues and staff can gain knowledge. This can be helpful if you are the only surgeon from your practice attending the meeting.
- Register early. Avoid standing in line by registering online. You will have more time to settle into your hotel, connect with colleagues and explore San Francisco with your family and guests.
- Visit the Social Media Bar. Expand your social media skillset during one-on-one consulting sessions and brief learning labs free to all meeting attendees at the Social Media Bar in Exhibit Hall Booth 1826. There you can learn about effectively using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest.
Bonus Tip 8: Attend the top meeting of the year for oral and maxillofacial surgeons! Register now for the AAOMS Annual Meeting because the best way to benefit from the meeting is to attend!