Beyond courses and exhibits at the AAOMS Annual Meeting, San Francisco is jam-packed with an assortment of attractions, including:
- The Golden Gate Bridge – This well-known landmark is the city’s most popular tourist attraction. The Golden Gate Bridge Vista Point – a 25-minute taxi ride from the AAOMS Annual Meeting headquarters hotel – offers opportunities for postcard-worthy photos all day. The walkable bridge spans 1.7 miles.
- Cable cars – Since the 19th century, cable cars have served as a method of transportation around the city. A single ride costs $7, and the cars can be accessed at Union Square right by the headquarters hotel.
- Sea lions basking in the sun at Fisherman’s Wharf – Pier 39 is home to a community of sea lions who have taken up residence at this waterfront marketplace. The new Sea Lion Center shares facts about these creatures. Several seafood dining options are available at the Pier, located 15 minutes from the headquarters hotel.
- Alcatraz – This former federal prison housed on an island was home to some of the most infamous convicts. The cellhouse audio tour reveals their stories. Tickets sell out far in advance. Book early at Alcatrazcruises.com.
- Union Square – Home to some of the biggest retail names, Union Square is a quick walk from the headquarters hotel.
- The Muir Woods National Monument – Located 45 minutes outside of the city are the sky-high redwood tree groves.
Visit SFtravel.com to learn more about the sights and sounds of San Francisco.
Photos courtesy of San Francisco Travel Association.