2018 Clinical and Practice Management Applications FAQs
All applications must be submitted into either the clinical or practice management application. Both are available at AAOMS.org/speakers.
Clinical courses must be scientifically/clinically based on a number of topics such as anesthesia, medicine, or trauma. Practice Management courses must deal with practice management and/or staff development, in topics such as social media, legal, administration, OSHA and HIPAA.
Both applications offer a range of topics and are not limited to those above.
Allow yourself at least 1 hour to complete either of the applications. You may find it takes slightly more or less time, but this is an average.
There are 7 steps in the application, with multiple questions on each step.
The main steps are:
- Course Info (synopsis, format, learning objectives)
- Subject Classification (topic)
- Speakers & Bios (speaker, co-speaker(s), with all contact information and bios)
- Course Details (ACCME/ADA CERP requirements such as practice gaps, barriers to change etc.)
- Course Outline (copied and pasted into browser)
- Speaker Disclosures (all speakers’ financial disclosures with commercial interests)
Please note: The application is considered incomplete and will be withdrawn unless all steps are finalized before the deadline.
Yes, please submit a new application even if the course has been previously submitted or presented. You can select ‘Repeat’ or ‘Revised’ session on the first step of the application.