2019 Clinical and Practice Management Applications FAQs
All applications must be submitted into either the clinical or practice management application. Both are available at AAOMS.org/speakers.
Clinical courses must be scientifically/clinically based on a number of topics such as anesthesia, medicine, or trauma. Practice Management courses must deal with practice management and/or staff development, in topics such as social media, legal, administration, OSHA and HIPAA.
Both applications offer a range of topics and are not limited to those above.
The applications are available from July 3 to Sept. 30, 2018. No late submissions will be accepted.
Allow yourself at least 1 hour to complete either of the applications. You may find it takes slightly more or less time, but this is an average.
The landing page will ask for basic information – such as clinical or practice management format – to begin the application.
There are six steps in the application, with multiple questions in each step. The main steps are:
- Submission (synopsis, topics, etc.)
- Learning objectives (Course objectives)
- Speakers and bios (speaker, co-speaker(s), with all contact information and bios)
- Speaker disclosures (all speakers’ financial disclosures with commercial interests)
- Additional details (ACCME/ADA CERP requirements, such as practice gaps, barriers to change, etc.)
- Course outline
Please note: The application is considered incomplete and will be withdrawn unless all steps are finalized before the deadline.
Yes, please submit a new application even if the course has been previously submitted or presented. You can select ‘Repeat’ or ‘Revised’ session on the first step of the application.