This program will provide an update on anesthesia and related topics relevant to the safe and efficient administration of pediatric ambulatory anesthesia. The program also will highlight current protocols that promote practice models that provide and sustain the culture of safety.
- Discuss the safe and efficient administration of pediatric ambulatory anesthesia.
- Recognize AAOMS’s commitment to anesthesia patient safety through a variety of initiatives.
- Discuss effective strategies for the future of anesthesia in the specialty, with an emphasis on enhancing the OMS anesthesia team model and increasing pediatric patient safety.
- Compare the differences between the pediatric and the adult patient.
- Describe the various approaches to the delivery and management of techniques in pediatric anesthesia.
- Discuss elements of emergency management unique to the pediatric patient.
- Identify responsible prescribing protocols to manage pain in the pediatric patient.
- Consider anesthesia incidents and risk management techniques to enhance the quality of patient care.